|The Dawn Bloom ARG is part of the Black Watchmen series of ARGs.|
|Creator||Alice & Smith & the Lovent Group|
For a condensed timeline of events, see the timeline.
Operation DAWNBLOOM is an operation in the Black Watchmen (a permanent ARG). It differs from past operations within the Black Watchmen in that it is expected to run for several months.
The lore behind the Black Watchmen is substantial, with two Seasons and two DLCs worth of content to draw from as well as lore from events that occurred prior to the game in its current state being launched via Steam. As a result, newcomers to this operation may find that references are being made to events and people which they are unfamiliar with and which aren't directly related to the operation (yet). One way to try and catch up with some of the lore is to read through the Almanac, while keeping in mind that it does contain a lot of spoilers for the Steam game. Alternatively, new agents can contact any of the 'Senior Agents' listed in the sidebar of the Discord with yellow usernames, and we will do our best to bring you up to speed. Agent codex, who maintains this wiki, would be especially pleased to help any newcomers.
Additionally, readers of this wiki will find that players are referred to as 'agents' throughout. This is standard practice in The Black Watchmen. Most agents involved in the game will blur the lines between role play and real life on a regular basis, so anything that is said in relation to an agent's real life or persona should be taken with a grain of salt. When in doubt, ask!
- Official Discord
- A&S Forum Thread
- Discord Voice Archives
- Q98A66 Email
- the Almanac (Warning: TBW Spoilers!)
- Operation DAWNBLOOM FAQ
The major events of this Operation have been divided into two categories: Investigations and Incidents. The most up to date information on Investigations can be found at Dawn_Bloom/Investigations. The page for Incidents will be up and running soon.
A condensed timeline of the operation can be found at Dawn_Bloom/Timeline
The mission itself has three major parameters (it began with two, but a third was added when Lphabeta's involvement was realized). They are updated from time to time, but the most up to date mission parameters follow:
Parameter One: Prevent anyone but the Agency from gaining critical information about the origin of the Signals. Parameter Two: Dissolve or Capture Lphabeta critical assets. Parameter Three: Identify, communicate, and secure the advanced technology being used by "The Expedition", whom are sending the signals.
Initial Call to Action
In the Christmas Eve newsletter, Alice & Smith announced Operation DAWNBLOOM.
Agents, Special Task force Q98A66 needs your help - a abnormal radio signal was picked up across the Atlantic in the last two weeks, it’s meaning and origin remain unknown. We understand little about this bizarre phenomenon, besides the fact that it must have come from a satellite, it originates from a single location, and it is growing stronger...
Welcome to Operation DAWNBLOOM, an experimental project created by the Lovent Group [head writers of Ahnayro: The Dream World] in collaboration with Alice & Smith. This project is all about dynamic, reactive storytelling putting control of the narrative fully in the hands of our community.For your first mission briefing, head to the Situation Room (In-Game) and look for static.
By accessing the Situation Room (a page within the Black Watchmen's game client where Operations are often announced), players were directed to Archive Case File S2J3L9. In short, a mysterious signal was picked up around the 14th of December and a taskforce set up to analyse it. The intensity of local interference is strongest at Camp Hero in Montauk, New York. We were given a copy of the recording and a contact link to the taskforce: [email protected]
Members of Q98A66
This operation involves interaction with Special Task force Q98A66, which we have been told stands for Query 98, Admin 66. Q98A66 has five members, only four of which we have met, and only three of which regularly make appearances in the Discord channel. Those three members (Diagnostic, Control, and Liaison) are apparently able to do their jobs interchangeably, while Brain and Tactical are too highly specialized to 'swap out' with other members of the team.
- Liaison handles communication between Q98A66, Division 66, and Division 79(the Division of the agents in the Discord). As a part of his job, he is sometimes tasked with disseminating information that may or may not be wholly true, at the request of Dispatch. His defining personality traits seem to be skepticism and adherence to rules and regulations. He is usually the one to come to us with new information, requests for more intel, or general commentary on the mission. Brain's name for him is 'Virgin Sacrifice'.
- Control is in charge of Q98A66, as indicated by her handle. Her personality is hard to gauge, as she isn't often in the Discord chat. Liaison has described her as duplicitous, and says she never looks the same two days in a row. She seems to be skilled in subterfuge and operating discreetly, unlike Tactical who is more interested in making a show of firepower. Brain's name for her is 'Hannah Montana'.
- Diagnostic has the job of handling technical and performance related testing. He seems more relaxed than Liaison, and openly states that he believes the signals we are receiving are a result of time travel. Liaison describes him as a hyperactive conspiracy theorist and a lukewarm scientist. His previous employer has been heavily alluded to be one of the organizations in The Secret World. Brain's name for him is 'Bitch Corivias'.
- Brain was formerly called 'Specialist', but also goes by 'Uncle AIXXXXXXXXXXXXX'. He appears to be unstable psychologically and poses a threat to himself and those who surround him. What he contributes to the team isn't entirely clear, but he is ostensibly Q98A66's specialist in esoteric or unique information. Brain used to collabarate with the Oakvalley Sleep Center on a lucid dreaming method, called the "Glasswick Technique". He was also formerly a librarian, then a literature professor, and finally a dean at Yale in the 70s before whatever caused him to become the way he is now occurred. His identity has since been more or less erased. He has the ability to use subliminal messaging and hypnotism to essentially leave parts of his mind with people or in places so that he can monitor them. Liaison claims this is dangerous, because it leaves those who have these 'parts' with them open to other things taking advantage of the situation. Liaison has stated that Brain has used the internet to disseminate dangerous information in the past, and has expressed concern that in his contact with agents he will do this again. Because he isn't allowed online, Agents requested a mailing address to communicate with him. He can be contacted by mail at:
68-10 58th Avenue
Flushing New York 11378
- Tactical is focused on 'in person' threats. If agents are contacted by Tactical, it means Q98A66 is under attack or otherwise compromised. Liaison has said that the rest of the team doesn't see Tactical that often. He apparently moves from place to place using a helicopter, and was the person to originally gather all the team members together. In the one interaction that agents had with Tactical, his demeanor was serious but he was still comfortable cracking jokes. Brain's name for him is 'Manlet'.
- Archivist is Diagnostic's biological brother. He was recruited to the Taskforce when the Agency was attempting to contact Diagnostic's next of kin. His job is to record information about the operation and convert that information into Archive documents suitable for distribution across the Agency. Diagnostic cut contact with him about 8 years ago when he joined up with his previous employer, so their relationship is somewhat strained. He will be in contact with Archivist Wheeler at some point in the future to obtain additional information for the operation from the Agency archives.
- Medical is also known as Dr. Talcom. He specializes in bioweaponry (both development and counteraction). Most of Q98A66 seems to dislike him, probably because he wanted to use Rupture Bone on Diagnostic during his episode on 1-26-2017. He appears to have a lot of pull in the agency, as Liaison mentioned him being present whenever unknown biologics were encountered. Before joining the Taskforce in person, he traveled to Scotland, and then to Toronto.
Agent Kokuei was approved by Dispatch for a field mission to attempt to deceive a member of Lphabeta into disclosing information about the company. He needed to be provided a fake identity (of a real person that Lphabeta would be interested in), and was intended to meet with a contact set up by Control once we had enough information for his cover to hold.
The infiltration field mission was almost called off due to a cover not being forthcoming, however a secondary route was brainstormed and decided upon. Agent Madvillain will be going on a double date with Control and a high ranking member of Lphabeta in the near future.
We are attempting to plan a field operation at Camp Hero in Montauk. Agents local to Southern NY are asked to report in at the forum thread so we can coordinate dates and times. Field operatives will be tasked with deploying a remote radio listening device, which is still in the process of being designed and instructed. Agents who have experience in electronics design are also encouraged to report in at the forum thread or the Discord.
Several agents participated in the MIT Mystery Hunt in Boston over Martin Luther King Day weekend. Agent codex used this opportunity to go into the city early and get some field reconnaissance done on the Beehive, as intelligence available online had a few gaps. A rough floor plan was created and sent to Q98A66 prior to the Beehive operation.