Dawn Bloom/Incidents/First Transformation
Incidents > First Transformation>
This page describes a major event in the Dawn Bloom ARG.
Order of Events
Liaison checked in four days after the attack in False Point and gave an update on Diagnostic’s condition. He appeared to be worsening, with symptoms of severe radiation poisoning. His teeth were falling out, he was bleeding from his mouth, and his leg was not getting any better. The vet had examined him and produced a handwritten report.
Lung cancer Spot A1 2.8(?) cm A2 3.2 cm A3 2.1 cm B1 2.8 cm B2 3.2 cm B3 2.4 cm Patient is Hostile! Severe Pain, Dilation of pupil is Massive! Like Dog eye! Thought it was radiation sickness, but xray shows cancer in heart and lungs, blood pressure will cause death. This makes no sense!
During the period of time that they were present at the vet, Diagnostic had bitten the doctor which prompted them to get kicked out of the safe house. Liaison paused in his briefing of the agents to go to the bathroom with Brain, and Diagnostic soon appeared in a voice comms channel. A couple agents that were online at the time went into comms to figure out what was up, and they encountered a Diagnostic that wasn’t at all acting like someone who was seemingly on their deathbed. During the conversation it was revealed that he had hijacked the van the team was using (leaving Liaison and Brain at a homeless shelter in New Haven, CT) and was driving to a safehouse in Brooklyn. During the course of the conversation, several changes in his condition were reported:
- His leg that originally had been hit by the rod, and was essentially considered to be jelly, was fully healed - indicating enhanced cell regeneration
- He was able to do a backflip which he claimed he could never do before, more so with his leg being damaged - indicating enhanced agility
- The teeth he had lost were growing back and were sharper than before
- He no longer needed his glasses (he claims he was legally blind without his glasses before) and being able to see things clearly about 1 km away (he saw a deer while driving at about that distance) - indicating enhanced sight
- He was able to smell gasoline during the whole time he was driving - indicating enhanced smell
- He seemed to have heightened coordination with his hands and feet as he said he could steer the van using his feet.
- Was able to drive while 2 cc’s of morphine was in his system. He said he felt no effect - indicating enhanced metabolism.
- During the drive, Diagnostic was asked by an agent to perform an exorcism on one of the bone fragments found in his leg
- During the drive it was suggested that he try wiping on his skin a baby wipe. After doing so he reported that it felt itchy like it was an allergic reaction. It was assumed the baby wipes contained Aconitum which is also called Wolf’s Bane which mythologically reacts to what Diagnostic was believed to be.
Ultimately based on all this information it was believed that Diagnostic had contracted some form of Lycanthropy. The running theory was that it was a curse linked to the bone shards in his leg, but because the other shards were in the possession of other individuals it was uncertain if it would be possible to counteract this curse.
Before Diagnostic had signed off, one last suggestion was given to try self-administering Aconitine, a poison that can be extracted from the Wolfsbane plant, as he said he’d have access to a centrifuge and other needed things. The hope was that he would be online for agents to assess the effects but instead, he did not come online and injected it via IV himself. This put him into intense pain and knocked him out for the night. He was not gotten in contact with again until an agent suggested to track him using the phone tracking program to find lost phones (the phone Diagnostic was using was Liaison’s).
Utilizing the program led them to the address to send mail to for Brain and allowed us to regroup Diagnostic with Liaison and Brain.