List of Investigations
Note: often an ARG is named by the community. Alternative names that exist appear on the specific investigation's main page.
|Black Mesa||Independent||Gone Cold||SometimesIDreamOfCheese||2016-03-28||2016-04-11||2016-05-23|
|Electronic Freedom Society||Independent||Closed||gayfarang||2016-03-19||2016-03-20||2016-04-22|
|Eye Sigil ARG||Official||Active||Unknown||2014-10-03||2016-01-25|
|FRTS The Message||Community||Active||TheCreativeGod||2016-02-26||2016-03-07|
|Kill Your Internet||Official||Closed||Camouflaj||2016-03-17||2016-03-18||2016-04-02|
|Mystery of the Emblem||Community||Closed||whizzer0||2016-03-26||2016-03-26||2016-04-07|
|Project 11||Community||Closed||Project 11#6740||2016-06||2016-06-02||2016-06-19|
|Steam Winter 2015||Official||Closed||Valve||2015-12-22||2015-12-22||2016-01-04|
- Official - Affiliated with source material, game studio or related organisation.
- Independent - Not affiliated with any source material or a specific organisation. Often an entirely original story.
- Community - As 'Independent', but created by one or more GD community members/for the community. Often, trailhead and clues appear primarily on community resources.
- Investigation - No ARG or puzzle has been confirmed. In the majority of cases, clues have been discovered. This may be used temporarily before such a time that confirmation has been made, or may be a permanent status. Sometimes investigations will reveal a simple marketing gimmick or similar.
- Active - Known to be ongoing. Clues are still appearing, or attempts to resolve existing ones are still underway.
- Gone Cold - Attempts to advance have become fruitless and no progress is being made. Clues have potentially stopped appearing. May return to 'Active' if a new lead is uncovered or a clue has been solved. This may also be used in cases where the puppetmaster has seemingly put the project 'on hold'.
- Unknown - The community has disengaged with this investigation and its status is currently not known.
- Closed - The investigation has completed to its logical conclusion (it has been solved), the puppetmaster is confirmed to have permanently ceased progress or a fixed time limit has been exceeded (as with an ARG running alongside a sale, etc.).
The date that the ARG or puzzle is known to have begun or the trailhead first appeared.
The date that the investigation began.
The date that the investigation was closed or the trail went cold (if known).
These clues have been investigated and looked after if it was serious, but didn't turn out to be more than grasping at straws. They are listed here for archival purposes.
|April Fools||Community||Closed||GameDetectives moderators||2016-04-01||2016-04-01||2016-04-01|
|Steam Summer 2016||Investigation||Closed||Valve||Unknown||2016-06-23|
|HOXOR||Investigation||Gone cold||Night Work Games||Unknown||2016-04-23|
|Rocket League||Investigation||Gone cold||Unknown||Unknown||2016-03|
|SUPERHOT||Investigation||Gone cold||Superhot Team||2016-02-26||2016-02-26|